The UoN-USAID Fahari ya Jamii is a five-year project funded by the President’s Emergency
Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the US Agency for International Development (USAID).
The project is managed by the University of Nairobi (UON), working with Nairobi and Kajiado
County health management teams. The project aims to increase equitable access and use of
quality county-led health services and support sustainability in the quality of health services and
systems in Nairobi and Kajiado Counties.
- HIV prevention- Key population services, Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), and gender-based violence (GBV) services)
- Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT)
- HIV care and treatment and TB/HIV services.
- Sexual and reproductive health services & cervical cancer screening and treatment
- Family Planning, Reproductive, Maternal, Neonatal, Child and Adolescent, and youth health((FP/RMNCAH) and nutrition
- Health systems strengthening commodity, laboratory strengthening, policy and finance,and monitoring and evaluation
- COVID-19 vaccination support to Nairobi and Kajiado County.