The Association of Medical Students of the University of Nairobi (AMSUN) is the largest individual medical student organization in Kenya. It is an independent, non-governmental and non-political association.
Since 1967, AMSUN has been run by and for medical students and served its members at the premier Kenyan University on a not-for-profit basis, providing leadership and nurturing the profession. Its membership is drawn from students pursuing the MBChB degree and thus serves as their official mouth piece and platform for action.
For almost 50 years, AMSUN has brought together the local, regional and global medical student community working on pertinent health issues. Hundreds of activities are planned, designed, and carried out every year on the local, national and international levels.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To organize academic and extra-curricular activities for medical students.
- To speak for the medical students in matters of administration.
- To create a forum for the medical students to give back to the society in terms of services such as free medical camps.
- To create a uniting forum for all medical students.
- To provide mentorship amongst ourselves and organize for the same from relevant sources.
- To solicit for sponsorships and bursaries to the needy students within medical school.
- To facilitate for strong and active alumni program within the scope of our fraternity.
- To establish a forum and formula for working in synergy with other organizations within and without the Faculty of Health Sciences.