1. Separation of conjoined twins
The University of Nairobi Neurosurgery unit was involved in the 23 hour historic surgery to separate the conjoined twins at the Kenyatta National Hospital on 1st and 2nd November 2016.
2. Penile re-implantation of severed male organ
3. Re-implanted a hand of a 17-year boy that had been chopped off accidentally
4. Recognition of the College as a regional centre of excellence by the East Africa Legislative Assembly (EALA) in 2013.
5. Creation of office of Research and Grants Advancement and Support (ORGAS).
6. Awarded the East Africa Center for Excellence in Health Sciences.